Do you have another website or a blog? If yes, then selling advertisements is the easiest way to make money online. Since there are tons of ad networks on the Internet, make sure that you choose the best ad network to maximize the revenue.
If you can create your own products, the best way to make money because that way you’re actually passive income in online. You can use your own blog or website to market your products so that people will buy it when they’re convinced.
Advertising networks can be Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM), or Cost Per Action (CPA). A Cost Per Click network pays time a user clicks on your ad and the actual amount, you’ll get is determined by the advertiser. Now a Cost Per Mille network or simply a Cost Per Impression network pays for every 1,000 page views that you generate. If they pay $1 for every 1,000 page views, then you’ll get $30 if the number of page views a month is 30,000.
Cost Per Click (CPC) Ad Networks
Cost Per Mille (CPM) Ad Networks
- Advertising.com (by AOL.com)
- Burst Media
- Casale Media
- Technorati Media
- Tribal Fusion
- ValueClick Media
In-Image Ad Networks
Pop-Under Ad Networks
Cost Per Action (CPA) Affiliate Networks
Cost Per Sale(CPS) This Affiliate Networks
Sell Ads Directly To Advertisers
You can always sell ads directly when someone wants to buy a banner ad, or text links, or even a sponsored post on your blog. But if you’re not lucky enough then you have to become a part of a bigger network where you can showcase your ad inventory.
You have a website or a blog which is good targeted traffic, how to monetize it? Then you can try the following automated affiliate marketing networks. It converts all the normal links in your website to affiliate links and you make money when clicks result in sales or leads.
So by joining these networks, you’ll get access to thousands of affiliate programs without applying individually and you don’t have to manage any affiliate programs or links or anything as they offer a centralized reporting as well.
- Cloudswave Affiliate Network — is a white label affiliate program by Cloudswave that lets you promote over 150 business software deals — with a single affiliate account.
In-house Affiliate Programs
If you like a product then you write about it, and tell your friends, right? Now how about getting paid for that? That’s right! If you check the websites of most Internet companies (others too) then you can find their affiliate program.
So, you can use the affiliate links while promoting their products and they’ll pay you for referring a new customer to them. They may have their own in-house affiliate program, or one that is managed by an affiliate network, or both.
Bloggers: Sell Text Links & Sponsored Posts
If you have a good quality website, then advertisers try best to buy a text link or a sponsored post from you. But wait, selling text links is against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and they may ban your website from its search results unless the links are rel=”nofollow”.
Sell Text Links
Sell Sponsored Posts
Join Ad Networks For Bloggers
- BlogHer (for Women bloggers)
- Foodie Blogroll (for food blogs)
- Written — license your content and make money.
Start A Newsletter
If you have loyal traffic, it’s a good idea to start a newsletter so that you can engage with your readers in a more friendly way. And it’s also one of the best ways to market your products since people usually don’t buy your product when they first visit your website/blog for the first time.
- MailChimp — design and send email marketing campaigns.
Are You A Freelance Writer?
Content is King on websites. Content is often outsourced so if you have got good writing skills, you can make a living writing online. Here are some content marketplaces where you can sell your content.
- Digital Point
- ProBlogger Job Board
- BloggingPro Job Board
Are You A Professional Writer?
If you are a professional writer, you can contribute content to some of the top content providers like Yahoo, AOL, About.com, etc. and get upfront payment.
Are You A Graphic/Web Designer?
- Design Contest
- Freelancer Contests
- Freelancer Marketplace
Make Money Sharing & Creating Videos
- YouTube Program Upload videos on YouTube and Life time make money from ads.
- Break You can earn up to $700 if your Video is featured on Break.com homepage.
- Daily motion Publisher Share Daily motion videos on your website, blog and social profiles and get a share of their advertising revenue.
- Daily motion Official Upload videos on Daily motion to earn advertising revenue. And you earn extra revenue when those videos are shared on your own websites, blogs, social profiles, or any third-party websites.
- Vimeo Make money sharing videos on Vimeo.
Click Photos? Sell Your Photos & Graphics!
Like To Do Micro-jobs?
Now you can offer your service online and paid for it. You post what you’re willing to do for $5 or even $50 and get paid when you deliver the work. It’s that simple!
Have A Skill?
The following freelance a Different marketplaces to find freelance jobs or to sell your service. You can become a virtual assistant, manage the social media profiles of a company/person, design a logo, website design, and Individual offer writing or translation service, develop a software, design a website, develop a web application, etc.
Offer Expert Advice
- fm— If you’re an expert in some field and can give expert advice, you can charge advice seeking users by the minute.
Be A Tutor
Be A Tester
- com— UserTesting.com pays you up to $15 per test to evaluate websites’ usability and clarity.
- uTest— uTest compensates testers for approved reports they submit.
Sell, Sell, Sell
Today, online marketplaces are extremely popular and you can sell almost anything online.
Sell Your Domain Names
Sell Everything Else
- Etsy— Sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies.
- Quirky— Got an innovative idea? You can sell it on Quirky and make money.
Create An Online Store
Create an online story by yourself and start selling your own products.
Of course, there are hundreds of other ways to make money online. But like I have already mentioned, the idea of this blog post is to explore different opportunities so that you can decide where to focus on.
I haven’t included the not so easy ways to make money online like selling your apps or music or movies on iTunes, Google Play Store, Windows Store, Amazon etc.